From traveling to fashion weeks around the world to styling celebrity covers for LVR Magazine, the Editor in Chief of Italian mega e-retailer LuisaViaRoma, Kate Davidson Hudson knows fashion. That’s why we had to ask her what she’s wearing, gifting, and eyeing for the Holidays and New Year ahead. If you still need some last minute Holiday style inspo, you’re in luck, keep reading for Kate’s picks:
- What is on your wish list this Holiday?
Beyond the health, happiness, and overall wellness of my friends and family…I love the new stable of Bottega accessories for Spring ‘23, specifically the new Foulard leather shopper bag shape, and the new top-handle shape.
I also love their new architectural heel shape. It will transition perfectly from the winter months to next spring as it hits on all the newness we’re seeing by way of next season’s architectural heel silhouettes.
- What are you gifting this season?
I’m investing in strong outerwear options for my children that will weather the proverbial storm of their wear all season long. I love the classic Moncler jacket in a matte navy for my son. And this chic color-blocked option for my daughter.
For hostess gifts, of which there are plenty this time of year, I love a candle that doubles as an objet d’art. Some of my favorites include the Trudon Christmas Gloria,Gucci’s Esotericum Murano candle and Emma Shipley’s Zambesi candle.
- What will you be wearing to upcoming holiday events?
The holiday season is a great time to embrace sparkle and this season designers gave us plenty of fresh options to choose from…some of the pieces that are in my holiday / New Years’ rotation is a sequin mini dress by The Attico a jersey mini dress by Saint Laurent and more sequins by Prabal Gurung.
- What are some top festive trends that people can incorporate into their wardrobes?
I think a great holiday dressing hack is to update a simple basic you may already have in your closet with a novelty heel or a novelty handbag. Anything with a metallic finish or a touch of shine or sparkle are surefire hits.
- Travel is back in full force – what are your top suggested pieces that everyone needs for holiday travel style?
I typically travel in a cashmere sweatsuit by The Row and layer it underneath a cozy bomber jacket from The Frankie Shop or Balenciaga. I think comfort is paramount so I love similar luxe separates from Loro Piana and Lou Lou Studio.
- Looking back, what were some of the most powerful and surprising trends you saw this year?
I think the resurgence of late 90s and Y2K trends was the biggest surprise trend over the past year. One of the most powerful trends that will carry over into the new year is a return to an early 90s clean minimalism. This makes sense in the context of the last several seasons where we saw a heavy lean into more maximalist trends…it only makes sense that people are in the mood for a change and the pendulum would swing back to an emphasis on elevated basics and clean, high-polish looks.
- Holiday Shopping Tips and Trends with Style Expert Kate Davidson Hudson - December 20, 2022
- Finding Balance this Holiday Season with Simone Wan of PLANT Botanical - December 20, 2022
- RAMONE HAMILTON REMINDS US – DON’T FORGET TO SEND A CHRISTMAS CARD - December 16, 2022