Lupita Nyong’o was glowing last night on the carpet of Marvel’s high anticipated release Black Panther. Lupitas’s radiant look was created by makeup artist Nick Barose.
And lucky for you we have the full breakdown on every product he used and insight to why and how. Thanks to Nick now we can all get out red carpet glow on like Lupita.
How to Get Lupita’s Look:
- I prepped Lupita’s skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum andLancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Light Pearl under the eyes.
- I let this absorb into her skin and then blotted it with Tatcha Oil Blotting Paper to keep the skin glowy, but control shine on the T-zone.
- Then I applied Lancôme La Base Pro primer to the T-zone.
- I used Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation in 550 and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer in 550 under Lupita’s eyes. Blend it with a damp beautyblender for a flawless finish.
- Dab Lancôme Translucence Pressed Powder in 550 onto the face, focusing on the T-zone.
- Next dab Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Custom Glow Drops in Bronze Glow on top of the cheekbones and a bit onto the bridge of the nose.
- Apply Lancôme Blush Subtil in Shimmer Petite Pomegranate onto the apples of the cheeks for a slight flush.
- I brushed Lupita’s brows with Lancôme Sourcils Brow Gel in Clear.
- Then I built the shape using Lancôme Les Sourcils Definis pencil in Noir.
- I lined the upper and lower lash lines with Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil in Noir Intense. I added more liner into the water line.
- For extra intensity, blot the waterline with cotton swabs that aren’t fuzzy, so the pencil grabs onto that area more. This also prevents the liner from fading when it’s wet.
- Smudge along the upper lids and lower lash lines with Lancôme Ombre Hypnôse Stylo in Onyx, a matte black shade.
- Follow the liner, to make it a bit thicker than the liner and then wing it out for a feline-like feel. Smudge around the edges with cotton swabs.
- Next I applied two coats of Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara onto the lashes. Go over the upper lash line with the mascara to make it a bit more intense black.
- We prepped Lupita’s lips with Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm.
- I let is absorb, then blotted it and sketched Lancôme Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolate along the edges of the lips.
- Then I applied Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in Fashion Forward. I had Lupita tap it with her fingers so it felt more like a wine stain and wasn’t too dark.
- For added glow on her arms and shoulders, massage Lancôme Nutrix Royal Body and let it soak in.
- SCOPE Miami Beach 2019 Art Basel - December 10, 2019
- Sports Personality and Philanthropist Ann Liguori celebrated her cover on Resident Magazine This Week in NYC - November 8, 2019
- Get Your Glow On This Labor Day Weekend - August 27, 2019