The power of social networking is stong guys, just take a look a VFILES who kicked off NYFW for the seventh time this year. “After tonight, I think it’s time VFILES Runway moved to a stadium.” said Julie Anne Quay, Founder and CEO of VFILES. All aspects of production—designers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, the show photographer, and models—were discovered on vfiles.com, the social networking website and app connecting a global youth community.
The now viral 2016 Rio Olympics synchronized swimmers (Anita Alvarez and her partner) opened the show to front Row and Celebrities: Migos, Teyana Taylor, Scooter Braun, Dev Hynes, Jordyn Woods, Luka Sabbat, Chloe Norgaard, Rashad Jennings, Mobb Deep, Jonah Levine, Josh and Joel Madden, Cardi B, Barbie Ferreira, Kaya Stewart, Rosanna Arquette, Dave Stewart, Zoe Bleu, ASAP Bari.
Designers were chosen after being reviewed by the VFILES team and a panel that included:
- Naomi Campbell: Fashion Goddess; had meet & greet at #12Mercer Tuesday
- Young Thug: critically-acclaimed rapper; wore Alessandro Trincone, winning designer of VFILES Runway 7, for cover of his mixtape Jeffery
- Pat McGrath: ”The most influential makeup artist in the world.” —Vogue • Jerry Lorenzo: Fear of God designer, VFILES collaborator
- Jerry Lorenzo: Fear of God designer, VFILES collaborator
- Mel Ottenberg: stylist to Rihanna, Fashion Director of 032c
- Ground Zero: Hong Kong-based progressive, design-forward fashion brand founded by brothers Eri and Philip Chu
- Rushemy Botter: Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp graduate menswear designer; winner of Oriflame award 2016
- Sanchez-Kane: Menswear line by Mexico-based Barbara Sanchez-Kane; “motivated by Mexican heritage, curated by emotional chaos.”
- Song Seoyoon: New York-based recent graduate of Parsons; “uses the power of clothing as a medium to address social issues and sustainability.”
- Alessandro Trincone: Italy-based designer whose clothes seek to introduce a new meaning to masculinity; educated at Università La Sapienza di Roma and Osaka Bunka
- Photographer Sean Murray: current work is influenced by people he surrounds himself with, the mundane, and spontaneous travel
- Makeup Artist Soo Park: believes makeup should not conceal or dramatically alter who you are but should instead enhance your own natural beauty and bring out your best features
- Hair Stylist Sonny Molina: He grabs inspiration from history books—he’s guided by the beauty of the past and reinventing it to suit modern day men and women.
- Stylist Laynie Rouch: She hopes to inspire other creatives who also come from small town roots to pursue what’s unfamiliar.
- The North Face Launches First-Ever Urban Exploration Concept Shop in the U.S. - October 26, 2016
- Travel Expert Erica Gragg Tells US Her Best Traveling Tips - October 20, 2016
- Love is ParadiseYDE RTW SPRING/SUMMER 2017 - October 9, 2016