1. What’s in your Fashion Week Survival kit?
Makeup wipes, a portable charger, kleenex, hand sanitizer, hand cream, several lipsticks, powder and my phone because that means: a car service or food is just a click away.
2. What was your favorite show so far?
I loved Carolina Herrera’s show. It was held once again in the beautiful Frick building. The clothes were stunning, dreamy and wearable. Her shows always remind me about why I first fell in love with Fashion Week.
3. What is your favorite Fall /Winter 2016 trend you’re seeing on the runways?
Layering. It seems most of the brands ranging from Opening Ceremony to Nicole Miller to Milly to Carolina Herrera have shown different and chic ways for all of us to pile it on to perfection in the fall.
4. What are some of your posing tips for taking a flawless red carpet pic?
Be happy! If you feel worried, uptight or upset, it is going to show. The camera tells no lies. Also, know your angles. This means posing on your best side (if you have one) and making sure your contouring is on point. Also, never be afraid to practice before you hit that red carpet. Have friends snap pictures of you in various poses so that you will know which one works best before you step out for your big moment.
5. What’s a great outfit if I want to stand out at fashion week- in a good way?
Go with one bold statement piece. You’ll run into trouble if you wear too many standout pieces at once. For example, I wore a beautiful floor-length Viviane Tam dress this Fashion Week. I kept everything else simple because all eyes should be focused on the dress.
Have a question for Alicia? Email us at email@example.com. Subject “Ask Alicia”. Alicia could answer your pressing fashion, beauty and girl(or guy)-on-the-go questions next!
- SCOPE Miami Beach 2019 Art Basel - December 10, 2019
- Sports Personality and Philanthropist Ann Liguori celebrated her cover on Resident Magazine This Week in NYC - November 8, 2019
- Get Your Glow On This Labor Day Weekend - August 27, 2019